Saturday

summer cool down




as most of the people living back east already know, its been hot hot hot for too many days in a row...and for those in other parts of the world, you have no doubt heard all of us complaining about it, and we promise, its justified!  here is a drink we cant stop sipping and one that we think is a perfect cool me down treat on a hot summer weekend.  

we have started to get some amazing produce from our local csa in the last few weeks, and recently received some strawberries that were to die for.  we quickly remembered this great strawberry cup recipe from gourmet in print a few years ago.  we made the shrub syrup (the gourmet recipe without adding the soda water and ice cubes), added a little adult enhancer and a bit of cucumber and we think it pretty delicious, let us know what you think!

strawberry cucumber cocktail
makes 1 drink

1 oz. strawberry shrub syrup (recipe)
1.5 oz. quality vodka
2 oz. soda water
garnish with persian cucumber ribbons

combine with ice and stir

all images ©andrewpurcell 2013

6 comments:

sweet road said...

I like the touch of cucumber. Does it provide much flavor? Maybe I'll try it with more cucumber to try and get that fresh cucumber taste mixed with the juicy summer strawberry flavor!

Jennifer Chong said...

looks super tasty!

Jenae said...

So happy to see that you guys are back to blogging. Gorgeous! I think I licked my computer screen... more than once. I am not waiting until 5pm for that strawberry cucumber cocktail.

Kimber said...

Oh man, this look delicious! Like the perfect summer refreshment!!

yepi said...

The very next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesn’t disappoint me just as much as this particular one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read through, however I genuinely thought you would have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something that you could possibly fix if you were not too busy searching for attention.

a10 games

Cool Math Games

y8

y8 said...

Online gaming sites are really great place for game lovers to get all kind of games which they would like to play. Spider Solitaire, Candy Crush Saga, Lego, Poker, PogOne, v.vv... also a one very famous game on internet to download and play with getting a fun. friv 4
gazo